Monday, May 09, 2011

The Dream

Okay, I went out today to my dream property to drive myself crazy...again. It's a place nearby, about a hundred acres. It's abandoned. It has two houses on the property...an old turn of the century farm house (with a cool barn!) and a new house, probably within 10 to 15 years old.

This is the first time I've visited the farm this spring and saw things I hadn't noticed before....like two mature apple trees. Like the dozen or so mature peach trees. Like the HUGE fig tree. Like the two large pecan trees. Like the long trellis hosting a huge scuppernong grapevine.

I've dreamed of a place like this to practice sustainable living on a larger scale and a place to host pesticide-free, organic community gardens. Possibly even part of it devoted to a horse rescue shelter.

Did I mention that the property is in foreclosure?

There's only one problem. Or, should I say, 1.2 million problems. Yeah. That's what the bank wants for the property.

Sigh. Know anyone that has deep pockets or has recently won the lottery that wants to invest in a dream? :)

No comments: