Friday, March 18, 2011

Green Acres



Greeeeeeen Acres is the place to be.....

Okay...I guess a little intro is due. I'm 45 years old, father of a ten-year old son, and dream of owning a small farm. Nothing too elaborate. Nothing to make a living on. Just a few acres...something the size that I can have a decent-sized kitchen garden, some chickens (I love fresh eggs!), a few fruit trees and bushes, a few bee hives (I have three of these already), and maybe a few goats or a milk cow. :)

The reasons for wanting this are multi-fold. One, I want something that I can wake up to in the morning and look over what I've accomplished with my own hands. Two, I want to provide a portion of my own food. Three, I want to leave a smaller ecological "footprint". Four, I want my son to have something to do besides sitting on his duff playing video games. Six, I want to start living more healthy.

And, last but not least, seven, I want to start putting together a place now that I can retire to later.

Make sense so far? :)

No comments: